Bangkok–(THAI BUSINESS NEWS)–Aug. 31, 2020
Konami Digital Entertainment Limited has officially announced today the signing of a long-term, exclusive partnership with AS Roma, the top-flight Italian football club.
The AS Roma team name, crest and official kits will be fully exclusive to the eFootball PES series, making eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE (PES 2021) the only console football video game to feature the Italian heavyweights when it launches on September 15th.
The long-time home of AS Roma, Stadio Olimpico, will also be fully exclusive to PES 2021, having been passionately recreated in-game by KONAMI’s talented artists and designers. Authenticity is central to the franchise and so the company strives to deliver an experience that will make “I Giallorossi” (“The Yellow and Reds”) proud.
Jonas Lygaard, Senior Director Brand & Business Development at Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. commented: “We have a long history of championing Italian football through the eFootball PES series and we’re proud and humbled that AS Roma is the latest to join that legacy. This year’s PES 2021 will be the only console video game with a truly authentic recreation of the club, but it’s also just the start of what will be a long and fruitful partnership.”
KONAMI and AS Roma intend to take full advantage of their new partnership, promoting Roman football to a global audience through a variety of initiatives, including future involvement in esports projects.
"We are delighted to welcome KONAMI, world-leading company in the design and development of video games and eSports, to our family", says Giorgio Brambilla, CRO of AS Roma. “Thanks to this agreement we will be able to implement the volume of interactive experiences and the involvement of the new innovations of the Giallorossi fans all over the world. We are already working hard with the new partner to set the activities for the coming months and to support the launch of PES 2021 with various activations. In the Club, we are sure that KONAMI will be the perfect strategic partner for the development of the activities that will involve the AS Roma eSports team, which is increasingly aimed at the public who loves football videogames".
AS Roma, founded in 1927, has consistently performed at the highest standards of Italian football and is one of the most popular clubs in the region. The club has won Serie A three times, the Coppa Italia nine times and the Supercoppa Italiana twice.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE will be available on PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, and PC STEAM, from September 15th with pre-orders now live.
For the first time in video game history, the cover will feature two of football’s greatest legends; FC Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo. Continuing eFootball PES’ legacy of championing young elite talent, the cover also features Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford and FC
Bayern’s Alphonso Davies. All four ambassadors also feature in the brand-new Club Editions.
STANDARD & CLUB EDITIONS
- STANDARD EDITION – With a unique cover looking back at the history of one of the greatest footballers of all time, Lionel Messi, the Standard Edition of PES 2021 will be available in physical and digital retail stores for 790 Baht.
- PARTNER CLUB EDITIONS – For the first time, fans will be able to purchase special Club Editions of PES 2021 through digital platforms exclusively. Available for FC Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester United, FC Bayern and Arsenal FC, the all-new Club Editions will include unique club-specific content such as myClub squads, Iconic Moment Series players, exclusive kits, branded menus and more. The Club Editions will be available for 922 Baht.
- LOYALTY DISCOUNT – To recognise our most dedicated players, a 20% discount will be available when you pre-order a Club Edition of PES 2021 through eFootball PES 2020, including LITE version user.（Until Oct.29 UTC)
- VETERAN'S BONUS – In addition, for those who played myClub in eFootball PES 2020, there will be a Veteran's Bonus available with various rewards depending on the milestones achieved in-game. Reward and Milestone details will be available on the official website.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES
- SEASON UPDATE – eFootball PES 2020 providing the latest player data and club rosters (including Thai league). Due to the delayed season endings for many leagues, the latest data for certain licensed leagues and teams will be available via a day one patch (internet connection required).
- EXCLUSIVE UEFA EURO 2020™ CONTENT – Ahead of the real-life tournament in 2021, the official UEFA EURO 2020™ content will be included at launch in PES 2021. Featuring the offline UEFA EURO 2020™ Tournament Mode, all 55 UEFA national teams, Wembley Stadium and more, this is the best way to simulate the tournament before and after its summer debut.
- ICONIC MOMENT SERIES – Relive and recreate memorable moments from the careers of current and former football superstars with this new myClub series.
For all the latest news from the eFootball PES franchise and for further information,
- eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE official site: https://konami.jp/3gs7lnb
- PES Asia Facebook：https://www.facebook.com/pes.asia/
- eFootball PES Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/officialpes/
"e-Football" and "eFootball logo" are registered trademarks or trademarks of Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Japan and other countries or regions.
Official product manufactured and distributed by KONAMI under license granted by A.S. Roma S.p.A and Soccer s.a.s. di Brand Management S.r.l. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license. ©Konami Digital Entertainment.
Game assets, including imagery and videos, can be found here: https://www.konami-assets.com/
About Konami Group
Konami Group was established in 1973, starting as an amusement machine manufacturer for arcades. Over the years, the company has grown to include different business units across various markets. Currently, KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION includes the Digital Entertainment, Amusement, Gaming & Systems, and Sports Businesses. The company went public on the Osaka Securities Exchange in 1984, the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 1988, and the London Stock Exchange in 1999. For more information, visit: www.konami.com/en.
About Konami Digital Entertainment
Konami Digital Entertainment, which is the core company of Konami Group, develops entertaining content for mobile, console and card games. The company is known for global franchises such as PES, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, and Contra, as well as the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game series. www.konami.com/games/corporate/en/
M1 Network Co.,Ltd.
K. Jongkolnee Subruenruay